The City of Largo will continue a regional response to align our public safety initiatives with state and local authorities. Largo Leadership has decided to follow the guidelines in Pinellas County's ordinance requiring face coverings in indoor settings by the public. This decision is based on COVID-19 trending data, the County's leading public health officials, and CDC guidance. Local face covering requirements will be effective on June 26 in all City of Largo facilities.
City of Largo facilities include:
- Largo City Hall
- Largo Public Library
- Largo Community Center
- Highland Recreation Center
- Southwest Recreation Center
- Narrows Environmental Education Center
- Largo Golf Course ProShop and Cafe
- Central Park Performing Arts Center (CPPAC)
In order to preserve the health and wellness of our community:
- Residents and visitors must wear face coverings in all City of Largo facilities, with the exceptions below.
- This effort is in alignment with Pinellas County ordinance in place as of Wednesday, June 24, at 5pm and will remain in effect through the duration of Pinellas County's State of Local Emergency.
- Proper social distancing will also be required whenever possible.
- The City is working diligently to provide the public with disposable face masks if a patron does not have one of their own when entering a Largo facility.
This requirement defines face covering as a material that covers the nose and mouth and remains affixed or a face shield. A cloth face covering, or mask, may be factory-made or sewn by hand and can be improvised from clothing or other household fabric items.
- Any conflicts with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- If a person is under age 18, that person's use of a face covering is left to the discretion of that person's parent, guardian, or an accompanying adult.
- Exercising while social distancing, such as in a gym, is permitted without a face covering.
City of Largo employees must wear a face covering while on duty and while serving the public unless working in an area that is not open to the public where proper social distancing can be maintained. Team members will be wearing a face covering to protect you. Please adhere to these requirements to protect them and others around you. The CDC recommends face coverings as an additional step to help slow the spread of COVID-19 when combined with proper hand washing, staying home where you are sick, and maintaining a six-foot distance from others.
To learn more and read the entire Pinellas County ordinance, visit PinellasCounty.org/COVID19. For resources and information for the Largo community, visit ReNEWLargo.com.
We are all in this together, Largo, and stronger together by spacing out a little.