Apply & Request
The Risk Management Division's primary objective is to facilitate the safety and protection of the resources of the City of Largo. Through proactive measures, Risk Management strives to:
- Identify potential risks
- Analyze and monitor possible impact to the City assets
- Implement plans to optimize safety and manage risk
Services provided by the Risk Management Division:
- Purchase and development of Property, Liability, and Workers' Compensation insurance programs
- Administration of claims
- Direction of Safety and Training
- Guidance for the City's loss control and prevention programs
To Contact Risk Management:
City of Largo - Risk Management
201 Highland Avenue, N.E.
P.O. Box 296
Frequently Asked Questions:
- How do I report a sewer back-up or other sewer issue?
- Any incidents involving the City should be reported immediately at the location to the management on duty.
- To report a claim to the City, please call, e-mail, or write to Risk Management (contact information is listed above).
- Contact Risk Management with comments on safety practices within the City of Largo.
For Contractors: visit Largo.com/ContractorGuide
It is the policy of the Largo Police Department that extraordinary efforts by our employees, which reflect positively on the department or the police service in general, be officially recorded and recognized.
Any employee, whether full-time, part-time, or volunteer, may be recognized for actions or activities occurring on-duty or off-duty. There is no limitation placed on the type of activity that may cause nomination for recognition. Commendations are recognized by either written acknowledgments or department awards to the employee. You may commend an employee in person, by email, letter, phone, or by notifying the Office of Professional Standards.
The Office of Professional Standards Lieutenant is charged with investigating all complaints in a fair and thorough manner. The members of the Largo Police Department pride themselves on a tradition of excellence of service. Our department is a customer service-oriented organization and our goal is to provide the best possible service. We also recognize that we do make mistakes. It is important that we learn from those mistakes. We wish to earnestly review these complaints and to thoroughly document each complaint. It is also important to document complaints to protect officers from unjust accusations.
Any person, regardless of status, who wishes to make an inquiry regarding the performance of a Largo Police employee or Largo Police policy may do so. Complaints will be accepted by the Office of Professional Standards by calling 727-587-6772, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm. To file a complaint after normal business hours, or on weekends and holidays, call the on-duty Shift Supervisor at 727-587-6730. Citizens may also notify the Office of Professional Standards via email.
The following types of complaints will not be accepted for investigation:
- Complaints by third parties, unless the complaint is unable or unavailable to make or file a complaint.
- Complaints relating solely to the facts or merit of a criminal charge, arrest, or traffic citation, when there is no allegation of misconduct or incompetence. Such complaints are properly handled in the courts.
- Anonymous complaints, unless alleging criminal conduct, will be investigated solely at the discretion of the Chief of Police or Deputy Chief of Police.
- Recreation, Parks & Arts
- Central Park Performing Arts Center
- Largo Police
- Largo Fire Rescue
- Largo Recycles
- Economic Development