The Fire Cadet Program is available to teens and young adults, age 14 who have completed the 8th grade up to High School Seniors.Cadets will receive:
- The opportunity to develop skills, knowledge, and abilities in preparing for emergency service careers
- Training from fire officers, paramedics and firefighters
- Basic firefighting skills and first responder training
- Ride-alongs with Fire and EMS units
- Teamwork, self-confidence and leadership skills
- Male or Female between 14-18 years of age, or a senior in high school.
- Law abiding citizen with no criminal background
- Enrolled in school
- Able to maintain a GPA greater than 2.0
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Commit to 10 meetings in the semester training curriculum
- Commit to participation in yearly City events
We are now accepting applications for the 2022-2023 Fire Cadet Program Session! The new program year will begin on October 3rd, 2022.