Largo Central Park Nature Preserve (LCPNP) is a 31-acre nature park virtually surrounded by water. The park is home to hundreds of wildlife species for viewing. Over 130 species of birds, otters, red fox, American alligator, marsh rabbits, wild turkey, and bats all feed or live within the park. A 5-mile kayak/canoe route begins at the park and ends at Park Boulevard. Due to environmental reasons fishing is not allowed at the park. Dogs are not allowed at (LCPNP).
- Over 40 interpretive displays
- 2-story observation tower
- 3/4 mile asphalt, walk, bike, skate trail
- Native wildflower plantings, mixed hardwood swamp
- YMCA butterfly garden
- Guided nature walks, call 727-518-3047 to schedule for groups of 10 or more