For updates on COVID-19 testing, including local testing sites, visit COVID19.PinellasCounty.org/Health
Building & Permits:
727-587-6749 Ext. 7301
Business Tax Receipts:
Solid Waste and Recycling:
Largo Fire Prevention:
Recreation, Parks, and Arts Administration:
Largo Public Library:
- PinellasCounty.org/COVID19 - County-wide updates and information
- For the County's list of community support resources (financial, food, transportation, etc.), visit COVID19.PinellasCounty.org/where-to-get-help
- Residents and visitors with questions about Pinellas County’s emergency face covering ordinance can call the County Information Center (CIC) at 727-464-4333, Monday through Saturday, from 9am until noon. Staff are available to answer questions about the new ordinance and other COVID-19-related issues. Those with a hearing impairment can chat online at www.bit.ly/PinellasChat.
- The Department of Health in Pinellas County is available 24/7; if you are experiencing symptoms or have traveled to impacted areas, call 727-824-6900
- Digital Learning Helpline at 727-588-6060
- Spectrum, free WiFi is available to students. To enroll, call 1-844-488-8395.
- Customers should download the company’s mobile app or visit duke-energy.com for information and most service transactions. Customers who are unable to self-serve can contact the customer contact center at 800.700.8744.
- Duke Energy’s customer service specialists are available Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. to assist customers with customized payment plans that meet their specific situations.
Support for these efforts include:
- Online tools so customers can directly choose an extended payment arrangement that meets their individual needs.
- Customers who need additional assistance can visit the Energy Neighbor Fund webpage to learn how community agencies can help pay energy bills.
- Professional guidance for small business customers to help analyze their energy usage, discuss energy rates and identify solutions to help lower their energy bills as they are reopening.
- To make it easier to pay, the company will continue waiving credit/debit card and walk-in payment fees for residential customers for an additional two months once billing and payment practices resume. These fees will resume in November.
Duke Energy Florida customers will return to standard billing and payment practices in mid-August, which means customers in arrears will receive notices about their past-due balances and the earliest possible date their service could be interrupted. That change could result in disconnections for non-payment under regular credit and notice timelines during the month of September for customers.
The company anticipates higher than normal call volume as standard operations resume and encourages customers to consider using the online self-service options now to avoid long wait times.
LARGO RESIDENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
HOUSING, UNEMPLOYMENT & FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE
- 211TampaBay.org - Information and referral services to local resources (health and wellness services, financial assistance for overdue rent and utilities, tax preparation assistance programs, housing, food, etc.). Call 211 or text your zipcode to 898211.
- Apply for financial assistance to cover overdue rent through Pinellas CARES and the Largo Resident Assistance Program
- Learn more about possible protections under the CDC’s Temporary Halt in Evictions
- View resources and resident information on HUD.gov
- Seek legal assistance through one of the following organizations:
- Gulf Coast Legal Services Eviction Mitigation Project
- Pinellas Eviction Diversion Program (Community Law Program): Call 727-582-7475
- Bay Area Legal Services
- Visit the State of Florida's Reemployment Assistance Program to apply for benefits (FloridaJobs.org)
- Visit the mobile-friendly site at (FloridaJobs.org/RAApplication)
- For questions in regard to your claim you can call the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity at: 1-833-FL-Apply (1-833-352-7759).
- Note: If you continue to have difficulty filing a claim, the State Legislature has oversight over the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) and may be able to advocate on your behalf. Contact your State Legislator via telephone or e-mail. You can find your state legislator by entering your address and City at MyFloridaHouse.gov.
- Visit Largo Public Library's EGovernment Resources for tips on employment opportunities and unemployment claims.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act), enacted on March 27, 2020, is designed to encourage Eligible Employers to keep employees on their payroll, despite experiencing economic hardship related to COVID-19, with an employee retention tax credit (Employee Retention Credit).
ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYMENT
The IRS is committed to helping you get your Economic Impact Payment as soon as possible. The payments, also referred to by some as stimulus payments, are automatic for most taxpayers. No further action is needed by taxpayers who filed tax returns in 2018 and 2019 and most seniors and retirees. See if you are eligible for an Economic Impact Payment
- Installment plans provide up to six monthly installments for delinquent balances
- If any payment is not received by the due date, the remaining delinquent balance becomes due
- Customers are responsible for keeping all new utility charges current
- Find information and resources for Largo Business Services, Planning, Purchasing, loans and resources for employees
- PCED.org - Pinellas County-specific resources and contact information for business
- FloridaDisaster.biz - Information for small-businesses including business damage assessment survey, emergency loan programs, and other assistance.
- email@example.com – for companies seeking to import or produce medical products to help with the COVID-19 response
- https://www.projectn95.org/ - a private sector company serving as a national clearinghouse to connect healthcare providers with vital equipment
- firstname.lastname@example.org – Pinellas medical providers seeking PPE can email this and get connected with possible resources to acquire