Below you can find resolutions and ordinances that will be on the ballot for the 2022 Elections. If you are interested in finding out more about Largo's elections, contact the City Clerk's Office at 727-587-6710 or [email protected].
Lease Terms for Horizon West Bay (Downtown City Hall)
Shall the Largo City Charter be amended to exempt that certain real property known as “Horizon West Bay,” located on the northern 400 block of West Bay Drive, from the existing referendum requirement for leasing real property owned by the city so long as the Horizon West Bay property is also used as the primary municipal services and administrative facilities of the city, all as described in Ordinance No. 2022-57?
YES (For the amendment)
NO (Against the amendment)
Extension of the Property Tax Exemptions for Businesses
Shall the City Commission of the City of Largo be authorized to grant, pursuant to s.3, Art. VII of the State Constitution, property tax exemptions to new businesses and expansions of existing businesses that are expected to create new, full-time jobs in the City of Largo?
YES (For authority to grant exemptions)
NO (Against authority to grant exemptions)
- Meet the definition of a new business or expansion of an existing business
- The business must be classified as a target industry such as Aviation & Aerospace, Manufacturing, Life Sciences, Information Technology, Financial/Professional Services, Homeland Security/Defense, Corporate Headquarters, or a high-value business that has a significant economic impact
- Make a formal application to the City for the exemption; the application is reviewed by the City's trained Economic Development professionals and brought forward to the City Commission for review and approval
- Invest a significant amount of capital in expanding or building new space
- Commit to creating a minimum number of jobs during the first five years of the exemption
- Pay an annual wage for all jobs exceeding the average annual wage for Pinellas County
- Continue to occupy the space identified in the application for the duration of the tax exemption
Sale of City Property to Porter Development LLC
Shall the City be authorized to convey fee simple title to approximately 87 acres of city-owned property located north of 8th Avenue SE and south of East Bay Drive, a portion of which includes a landfill, for fair market value to Porter Development, LLC for the development, operation, and maintenance of a privately owned and operated open space recreational indoor and outdoor sports complex, all as described in Ordinance No. 2022-58?
YES (For the conveyance)
NO (Against the conveyance)
This is not the approval of the development or project design, but rather an approval for the City to sell the property to Porter Development for fair market value for the purposes stated. The City will not be providing information about the proposed project by the private developer. Residents that would like to learn more about project plans can find information on the Porter Development website.