- An individual business
- A group of businesses
- A merchant association
- A residential or neighborhood group
Please note - assistance is based on the availability of program funding and is not guaranteed.
Who is eligible for the program?
Program applications are open to the following groups:
- Businesses or non-profit organizations located within the boundaries of incorporated Largo that have a valid business tax receipt; or
- Organizations that have membership consisting of Downtown Largo Businesses and/or residents
What can program funds be used for?
The Program allows eligible individuals or groups within the West Bay Drive Community Redevelopment District (WBD-CRD) to apply for funds not exceeding $1,500 per organization/applicant per fiscal year, and will be limited to actual City-related expenses associated with an approved event or promotion. City-related expenses may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Temporary Event Application Fees
- Temporary Event Banner Application Fees
- Off-Duty Police Services
- Fees associated with Ulmer Park
- Tent Installation Permit Fee
How can my organization apply?
Applicants must first read the Downtown Events and Promotion Assistance Program Application. After reading the document, the applicant should contact the Economic Development Division to discuss their event and intent to apply.
Please note the applicants will need to provide:
- A completed Downtown Largo Events and Promotion Assistance Program Application describing the event/promotion
- Liability Insurance (if event is on City-owned property)
- A plan for clean up, security, planning, staffing and management of the event
- A completed Recap Form with a description of the event, as well as photos.
What is the funding criteria?
- The applicant is a business or non-profit located within incorporated Largo and has a valid business tax receipt, or is an organization that has a membership consisting of Downtown Largo businesses or residents
- The applicant has the resources and capability to successfully conduct this event (other than support requested from the City)
- The event must be open to all Largo businesses or residents within the WBD-CRD for participation. The applying group is united by either:
- Geographic boundaries within the WBD-CRD
- A common theme within WBD-CRD (example: restaurants, retail)
- The event will bring positive benefits to Downtown Largo
- There are no similar events conflicting or competing for the venue, participants, or spectators within a reasonable time frame or local area
- The business/organization has an effective plan to advertise, market, or otherwise promote the event
- There are no unresolved legal issues with the proposed event or organizations
- The event is not politically motivated or sensitive
- The event is open to the public and is free of charge
- The business/organization can provide liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000 naming the City of Largo as an additional insured for events located on public property.
How will I know if my application has been approved?
Applications will be accepted and reviewed from organizations for events and promotions on a regular basis. Please allow one month for normal processing. The City of Largo and the Community Redevelopment Agency retain the right to reject any and all applications.
Applications are approved based upon the criteria in the Downtown Events and Promotion Assistance Program and Guidelines and Application. Funds are awarded at the staff level by the Community Development Department and must be approved by the Community Development Department Director. Applicants will be notified through a signed letter.
For more information, contact the Economic Development Division at (727) 586-7360 or via e-mail at [email protected]