Sometimes a little change makes a big difference. When your neighborhood needs a small project, consider applying for a Neighborhood Project Matching Grant. The Neighborhood Project Matching Grant Program provides matching grants, of up to $3,000, to neighborhoods interested in building strong relationships around a community-driven project that supports the City’s strategic focus areas of Sustainability, Community Pride, or Public Health & Safety. Successful projects will:
- Enlist community participation and foster a sense of community pride
- Connect with one of the Strategic Plan focus areas
- Result in an enhancement to the neighborhood’s identity
- Be visible to the general public
- Be a project that can be permitted by City regulations
The program requires a match for requested funds which can be met with volunteer hours, cash, and/or in-kind donations. Grant applications are reviewed by a 3-person staff committee and are awarded based on:
- Neighborhood Participation: How well does the project engage members of the neighborhood to participate?
- Alignment with one of the three Strategic Plan focus areas: Does the project align with at least one of the City strategic plan focus areas?
- Project Impact: Is this project likely to have a lasting impact on the neighborhood? (e.g., beautification, neighborhood unity, communal benefit or service)
Need some inspiration? Here are some examples of projects that the grant could support.