HOW TO GET STARTED
- Request an application
- Submit the original Application and complete all that is highlighted in yellow (these items must be notarized)
- At the time the application is submitted to the City of Largo or the application will not be accepted
- A copy of the receipt that show the non-refundable payment of the application fee of $250 and the special inspection fee of $41 for each property which totals $291
- A copy of the Contract for Purchase or Recorded Deed
- A copy of the Pinellas Property Appraiser's printout showing who has ownership of the property in which the Applicant is seeking relief
- In cases where property Is owned by a corporation, entity, or trust, further documentation is required to accompany the application. A copy of that documentation would be from Information from the Division of Corporation; corporate documents, or trust Information which has been recorded In the Public Records
10 BUSINESS DAYS
After the application has been submitted, Staff will conduct an Inspection of the property within 10 business days In which to Identify any existing violations of the City's Codes. All violation that were noted In the Code Enforcement Board cases must be brought Into compliance, as well as the requirements in the "Lien Release and Code Compliance Agreement." The Applicant will be contacted to arrange an onsite inspection. The applicant or their designee must be present when Staff inspects the interor and exterior of the residential property. Both the interior and exterior inspections are mandatory. Staff will complete Exhibit "B". This
exhibit will list the items that will need to be brought into compliance.
5 BUSINESS DAYS
The Applicant has 5 days to consider, to sign the agreement packet and to send the agreement packet back to the City within the specified time allotted In the agreement. The executed "Lien Release and Code Compliance Agreement" agreement, see page 6. It must be sign and notarized. The Exhibit "B" is required to be signed and dated, highlighted in yellow. The Applicant is mail the "Lien Release and Code Compliance Agreement" and its attachments, including Exhibit "B" back to the City of Largo to the following address:
Board Support Specialist
City of Largo / Code Enforcement Board
201 Highland Avenue, Largo, FL 33770
90 CALENDAR DAYS
Applicant has 90 days to obtain ALL the required building permits. Once all the required building permits are obtained, this 90 day period ceases.
90 CALENDAR DAYS
Applicant has 90 days to complete ALL compliance work on the property. Receive all final inspections and a Certificate of Completion.
POSSIBLE 90 CALENDAR DAY EXTENSION
Up to a one time 90 day extension period may be requested. It is subject to approval ONLY by the Development Controls Officer (DCO), a possible performance bond maybe required, and there is no appeal allowed.
- TRANSMITTAL OF THE LIEN RELEASE AND CODE COMPLIANCE AGREEMENT FORWARDED FOR FORMAL SIGNATURE: The original agreement document is sent to Staff for signatures.
- RELEASE OF SATISFACTION AND RELEASE OF LIEN WILL BE PROCESSED: Once all required items have been complied and within the respective time requirement, a Satisfaction and Release of Lien will be sent to the Mayor and City Clerk for signature and the release recorded in the Pinellas County Official Records.